Skip to main content


We had a great Christmas celebration 2015! Everyone super enjoyed. It was an event filled with excitement and sharing. 
Well, for me working the whole thing to success was to put in a lot of planning plus a huge amount of work. So that meant a long break from posting updates, less time for gardening or discovering new recipes. Every week was filled with a long list of things to do. I almost felt that I was transforming into a huge robot or something.. trying to complete tasks on time at home and the art center as well. Looking back now, I think I did good. Remembering the happy moments brings a smile always :)

Last year we made Christmas bags to carry the treats. This Christmas we decided to make Christmas trees. To complete the activity on time for the celebration, I gave every child a green cone shaped tree to decorate. 

We used A3 sized green card stock, long strips of green crepe paper, pipe cleaners, cutouts using pattern punches, reused foil, air-dry clay for stars on top, metallic acrylic paints, glue gun and pva glue.
The stars were made in a lollipop style with a piece of pipe cleaner attached to them before drying, so the stars could be removed easily from the tree. 

After the party, we had to simply remove the stars, turn the trees upside down- like a cone, fill them with treats for the tree owners and not to forget the stars before handing them back :)
We are yet to review the other gifts received along with the trees. Most of them found a book as well and I am looking forward to begin our book sharing, reading and artworks there after. 

By my introspection, it is going to be another long and inspiring journey of activities with all my students - more smiles, fun discussions and lots and lots of artworks!!

Thanks for reading and visiting. Enjoy a grand new year of creativity and joy! 


Popular posts from this blog

LAST MINUTE SCHOOL PROJECT : Making a model of the Colosseum using cardboard.

Children often come in with last minute projects to complete. Here is one such example.We printed a few pictures of the Colosseum for guidance.Corrugated cardboard or cardboard box were used for the base and the main building. The cardboard cutout of a carton was easy to roll and secure, so it is better to choose a slightly softer version of cardboard. Paper tape was good to secure the shape and later painted so it doesn't show that much. Being a school project I prefer to use paints the student is more familiar with due to the time constraint so we used poster paints. For the base we covered a rectangular piece of cardboard with a green sheet of crepe paper.

I must say that it turned out impressive for a quick project! The best part was when Manya carried it home with a big smile!


Easy step by step drawings are always a favorite in my class. Since we chose tailor bird this week I needed to present a step by step instruction as well.

So here we are with 'a not a very easy step by step drawing', according to my 1st graders :)
And a few photos of the common tailor birds  visiting our yard.

Such cute birds aren't they :)

Below are artworks made by the children:

Well, I'm sure we'll post more tailor bird artworks shortly as I see them coming...

Enjoy a beautiful spring weekend!