Colorful paper lanterns make a beautiful craft activity for Diwali. These lanterns are easy to make and are sure to add a festive look to our spaces. Here are a few we've made during our craft session this week.
- We need two a4 sized craft / card stock / pastel sheets of different colors.
- Cut one inch ofF the width on the sheet chosen for the inside. (The inside sheet should be smaller in width by 1 inch.)
- Draw and cutout a few patterns on the inside sheet. Then roll it and stick it setting it neatly into a cylindrical shape.
- Fold the sheet for the outer layer in half, length wise or horizontally.
- After that fold about 1 cm on the edges or draw a line.
- Then draw vertical lines avoiding the 1 cm on the edge and cut carefully on these lines.
- Stick the edges on to the cylinder we have created for the inside.
- Punch holes on either side of the lantern and use a thin ribbon or string to hang it up!