Skip to main content

DIWALI CARD MAKING

Wishing all of you a very Happy Diwali! We made many cards for Diwali this time and here is one our favourite pop-up card. This is easy and fun to make. We enjoyed making these and hope you would like try as well. You may also like to view our Diwali paper lanterns.



We will need two card stock papers or pastel sheets, colourful cut outs, festive themed stickers, cut outs of diyas and flames, cut out for candles and flames and some PVA glue.

We chose red and orange pastel sheets as shown. We cut three blocks on the orange card. Two blocks with an approx. width of one inch and one block at the bottom of one cm approx. Avoid making very deep cuts as the folds tend to protrude out of the card. The first two blocks are for the text ' Happy Diwali'. The last one is for the candles.
 Push the cut blocks inwards before pasting inside the second card. The orange one goes into the red card. Take care not to stick the folded blocks.



It should look like this when the card is open.

We used markers to trace the letters written with a pencil. Stick the candles as shown.The candles were ready before sticking them finally.

Stick the diya with flame onto the cover and the embellishments.

Here below we have some super gorgeous cards made by our second and third graders :)

They all turned out so beautiful :)

We loved them all!
Thank you for viewing our creations and wishing you a very Happy Diwali!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST MINUTE SCHOOL PROJECT : Making a model of the Colosseum using cardboard.

Children often come in with last minute projects to complete. Here is one such example.We printed a few pictures of the Colosseum for guidance.Corrugated cardboard or cardboard box were used for the base and the main building. The cardboard cutout of a carton was easy to roll and secure, so it is better to choose a slightly softer version of cardboard. Paper tape was good to secure the shape and later painted so it doesn't show that much. Being a school project I prefer to use paints the student is more familiar with due to the time constraint so we used poster paints. For the base we covered a rectangular piece of cardboard with a green sheet of crepe paper.



I must say that it turned out impressive for a quick project! The best part was when Manya carried it home with a big smile!

MADHUBANI PAINTING AND DRAWING

Children have been exploring 'Madhubani' painting and drawing techniques during the September and October sessions and have come up with some excellent artworks. Here are a few of them and more in the making....




Enjoy creating them and share with us!